Best Supplements to Boost
Immunocal and Immunocal Platinum
Immunocal Platinum is specially formulated for people who engage in strenuous workouts regularly, have medical challenges, those who are consuming high amounts of whey proteins, and above 45 years of age. In addition to increasing intracellular Glutathione present in the body to boost immunity, Immunocal Platinum also performs as antioxidant and helps in detoxification functions.
Immunocal Platinum enables baby boomers and other older people to be more conscious of their health. To do so, an individual should maintain the optimal function of the muscle, bone, kidney function, and a strong body defenses. It contains whey protein and other elements that makes the formula to work effectively and safely in supporting the health and wellness, and at the same time it buffers the effects of aging.
Immunocal Platinum is the next generation of Immunocal, a powder form with United States patents and a natural food whey protein isolate in the generally recognized as a safe category of the FDA. It helps the body in the maintenance of the optimal glutathione concentrations by providing the precursors needed for intercellular glutathione synthesis.
What is Immunocal?
Immunocal is the United States patented natural whey protein food source and a natural booster of glutathione levels in the human cell as it helps the immune system to perform at optimal levels. As it contains whey protein isolate and other ingredients, it enhances glutathione specified for baby boomers. One of its major features is working with the body to repair damaged cells and improve mood, well-being, energy, alertness, clarity, and concentration, which are all important to the aging population. It also helps maintain the muscle to function properly and maintain bone health by reducing the loss of calcium.
Immunocal Platinum is the same as Immunocal but with two additional integrants – CMP and RMF. CMP is cytokine modulating peptides. Biologically, Cytokines are tiny active proteins that make signals to the immune system whenever inflammation occurs. RMF, on the other hand, is Redox Modulating Formula. Produced by Dr. Wulf Droge, RMF has a mix of citrate that will reduce the levels of acidity in the body and restore the natural balance of pH. This supports the toughness of the bones as people age and contributes to the person’s overall wellness. RMF includes also a tiny amount of creatine that contributes to muscle functions.
The following are the added benefits of Cytokine Modulating Proteins or CMP:
- Repairs cell damages
- Inhibit abnormal cell growth
- Promotes healthy cell growth and differentiation
- Regulates inflammation in tissues and cells
The following are the added benefits of Redox Modulating Formula or RMF:
- Prevents and slows calcium loss for stronger bones
- Natural support for an optimized pH balance
- Maintains optimal kidney function
- Strengthens and maintains muscle function
- Lowers inflammation naturally
- Helps in sugar metabolism
- Defense against the effects of aging
Immunocal Platinum is a source of cysteine, a glutathione precursor. It is important that body has enough to maintain the muscle to function properly and strengthen the bone. It provides the building blocks that your cells use to make glutathione. It provides the vital amino acids that are needed by your tissues and cells. Immunocal Platinum provides the other peptides that are essential for many health aspects.
Glutathione is a tripeptide produced intracellularly from the amino acids glycine, L-cysteine, and L-glutamate. The sulfhydryl group of cysteine is responsible for the biological activity of glutathione. The provision of this amino acid is a rate-limiting factor in the synthesis of glutathione by the cells because the availability of cysteine is quite rare in foodstuffs.
While whey proteins may be good sources of nutrition, only Immunocal can increase levels of Glutathione which is very important for a reason that it can recycle antioxidants. But, when oxidative stress or toxins increase, the glutathione is reduced, which results in the body’s inability to protect itself against cancer, free radicals, infection, leaving the body unable to get rid of toxins. This will result in further sickness which may later lead the body to get exposed to chronic illnesses.
Glutathione is also an essential part of the immune system to perform its job of preventing cancer and fighting infections. Studies have shown that glutathione also helps in the treatment of AIDS. People who are sick or old or those who are not in great shape are likely to have a deficiency of glutathione. A top medical journal has found that healthy, young people have the highest levels of glutathione. The lower levels are in elderly people even though they are healthy and further lower in sick elderly people. The lowest levels of glutathione are found in the elderly who are hospitalized. When a person get older, their glutathione levels will decrease by about 20 to 40% as he gets older.
Glutathione is critical for controlling inflammation and for the immune function. It is a major detoxifier and main antioxidant of the body as it protects our cells and makes the energy metabolism performs optimally.
Glutathione has several functions:
- It is the major antioxidant made by the cells, which directly participates in the neutralization of free radicals and other compounds that are oxygen reactive, including the maintenance of exogenous antioxidants including the reduced forms of vitamins C and E.
- Through direct conjugation, it detoxified many foreign compounds (xenobiotics) and carcinogens, both organic and inorganic.
- It is essential for the exertion of the full potential of the immune system such as:
- Modulating antigen presentation to lymphocytes, thus influencing cytokine production and the type of response that develops – cellular or humoral.
- Enhancing lymphocytes proliferation thus increasing the response magnitude
- Enhancing the functions of cytotoxic T cells and NK cells, and
- Regulates apoptosis to control the immune response.
- It plays a basic role in various biochemical and metabolic reactions such as DNA synthesis and repair, synthesis of protein, synthesis of prostaglandin, amino acid transport, and activation of the enzyme. Most systems in the body can be affected by the glutathione level, especially the immunity, the lungs, the nervous and gastrointestinal system.
How to take Immunocal
Immunocal is a naturally-occurring food supplement with high protein isolate. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention, cure, or treatment of any disease.
Augmentation of Glutathione is a strategy formulated to address the states of glutathione deficiency, immune deficiency, high oxidative stress, and the overload of xenobiotic in which glutathione plays an important part in the detoxification of the xenobiotic in question. States of glutathione deficiency include HIV/AIDS, certain types of cancer, infectious hepatitis, cataracts, Parkinson’s Alzheimer’s Disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, radiation, poisoning by acetaminophen and related agents, arduous physical stress, malnutrition states, aging, and sub-optimal immune response. Various clinical pathologies are associated with oxidative stress and are elaborated upon in many medical references.
Low glutathione is also implicated in wasting and negative nitrogen balance, usually in cases of cancer, sepsis, AIDS, trauma, overtraining, and burns. Cysteine supplementation can oppose this process and result in survival rates in cases such as AIDS.
Immunocal reviews shows that it is contraindicated in people who have known hypersensitivity to specific milk proteins and individuals after undergoing organ transplantation.
Immunocal Platinum a dehydrated powdered protein isolate suitable for the following:
Consumption of it can help Increase the intra-cellular glutathione and can help:
- Healthy individuals who are 40 years old and above
- Individuals who have higher amounts of whey protein consumption
- Individuals who are regularly engaged in strenuous exercise
- People who are suffering from medical challenges
- A master antioxidant
- Strengthening or enhancing the immune system:
- Increasing glutathione represents the community of the body’s defense
- CMP represents reparative immunity
- Proper acid-based balance helps in leading to support immunity
- Detoxify toxins
- Detoxifies many popular carcinogens
- Detoxifies overdoses of certain drugs
- Detoxifies cigarette content
- Detoxifies pollutants such as heavy metals and pesticides
- Prevents hearing loss caused by noise pollution
- More energy to boost metabolism
- Enhances athletic performance
- Decreases cholesterol and oxidation of LDL
- Decreases time of recovery from injury and physical stress
- Healthy digestive system
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Peptic ulcer
- Cancer sufferers
- People going through radiation, chemotherapy, palliative care, and aftercare
- Suppress tumor growth
- Reduce oxidative damage to DNA
- Eliminate carcinogens and mutagens
- Avoid wasting disease
- Reduce the side effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Those who suffer from liver disease
- Those who suffer from a stroke
- Those who suffer from kidney failure
- Diabetic control of blood sugar level
- Gout problems
- Delay the aging process
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- Prevents Parkinson’s disease
- Cataract formation
- Cancers related to aging such as prostate cancer
- Achieve a healthy pulmonary system